Friday, April 8, 2011

Influenced By..


These would be the two different photographers that I would want to base my last project off of. Halsman did the first picture of the cats, water, chair, and artist (Salvador Dali) flying, as well as the second picture of Marilyn Monroe jumping. The second picture is done by Diane Arbus. I found these two photographers inspirational because they are not afraid, whether it be the fact that they are trying to catch a moment such as the wonderful moment caught in the first picture, or if they are photographing controversial subjects such as the second picture. This lack of fear is something that I would want to explore within my last project, not only because it is my last chance of the semester to produce pictures within this class, but also because I like to push myself past my comfort zone so I do not fall into any "safe" habits, which can lead to boredom. 
Additionally I have a dance background and the first picture really interest me due to the fact that I would love to capture some moments within the air that happen within dance. I think that the ability to be able to capture a moment in the air is something very valuable because a viewer can observe what happens in the air within the photograph, consequently learning a great deal from photographs. 
Finally Diane Arbus's photography of controversial people/things that are not always pleasing to the eye interests me because body image and what is considered beautiful to people has always been such a compelling subject for me to study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment