Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1) Assignment One--A day in the life











These are my top ten favorite pictures from our first assignment in Photo 1 at the Tyler School of Art. The assigment was asking my classmates and I to take ten photographs (well basically twenty consideirng each photograph had to be taken in the automatic exposure, as well as +1 exposure) each day for five days. Additionally each picture had to contain "ourselves" if not our physical bodies, than whatever we felt would be the equivalent and capapble of representing ourselves. I really did appreciate this project, and I think that I got a lot out of it. I felt that it helped me to get over the "fear" of my camera, considering it is not the simple digital camera I am used to, as well as helping me to realize that taking chances, such as odd view points, can make for a great picture. I also learned that changing the exposure simply to +1 compared to staying at what the camera recommends can make for some interesting effects, but it can also make for some good leassons learned, considering some of the pictures that I took (not posted on here) did not come out that great. I liked how taking some of the pictures with a +1 exposure made some objects look brigther, drawing more attention to them within the photograph compared to normal exposure.I did feel a feeling of embarrasement when it came to taking pictures even in front of my roomates, consdiering I felt awkard with my camera in my hands, but I think this project also helped me to feel almost natural with my camera instead of clunky and awkard. I also appreciated this project because it was interesting to see what I found to be worthwild throughout my day to stop and take a picture of. If I had to do this project again I think I would've taken a lot more pictures, capturing even more of "A Day In The Life" of me.  

My favorite picture out of these ten would be the picture of the tan sneaker. I took this picture after wearing those sneakers all day. I love how it shows the history of where I walked with the mud stain on the heal. I also think that even though the carpet as well as the table behind the shoe are brightly colored the shoe stil has such a great pressence that the viewers attention is still drawn to the stain and the heel of the shoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment