Monday, January 31, 2011

3) Four Seasons Variations 1

 
These photos are the product of assignment two in Photo 1 at The Tyler School of Art. We were assigned to come up with five different ideas of each season, and to take photographs of each of those five ideas in the five different white balances. The bottom picture posted above, of the red background, with roses in the foreground was supposed to be my representation of spring. The variety of nuts in the picture above this one is my representation of fall. The seashells in the third picture up is for summer. Finally the light with the icicles on it is for winter. This project was a little more involved than the last one, but because of this, and the fact that we are in the mist of winter it was a little more frustrating and difficult. Spring was by far the hardest season to photograph, considering I feel that everything I picked could also be summer. Also finding ways to gain interesting view points in some of these pictures was a little bit frustrating considering I had to take some of these pictures in my apartment, which meant that I had to try to keep my apartments environment out of the pictures, so that there were little to no distractions from the seasons within these pictures. 
In the end I am satisfied with the out come of my pictures. I learned a lot about what happens when a student doesn't use the correct white balance, as well as being more confident with choosing the correct white balance for a certain lighting situation. Although, it was awkward trying to explain to my roommates why I was taking pictures of nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment