Tuesday, February 15, 2011

11) Abstract Spaces (better relationships, RECENTLY revised as well)







This is a second posting on the Abstract Spaces project. Professor Micheals wanted me to crop the bottom photogrpah to clean it up a little bit better as well as to have a better relationship between the three photographs, so this is my revised pictures and post. 

This post is recently edited, again. Professor Micheals wanted us to add one more abstract space photography to the ones that we have already put together as having a relationship between one another. I choose to add the top photograph in this post. I think that all of them still relate due to the triangular shapes and the play with lines within the photographs. If I had to pick one that I think worked the best out of these four it would be the third phtograph from the top. This works the best in my eyes because I do not think the viewer can even tell anymore what exactly this is a picture of. This phtograph also works best for me because geometric shapes within the background of the photo strengthens the abstract space idea, if the background was just black, I do not think it would have worked as well. I also like how my camera captured the detail of the smears on the glass, as well as how there aren't any very obvious distractions like the bright almost white dots in the last photograph (yes this is a picture of a glass window on a door, I guess I had to give it away =p ). Finally I think that this photograph works well because I feel that the ligther rectangular shape in the background pulls the viewer in, past the triangular shapes. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I believe you finished printing already. You are ahead! Please post your still life images next.

    ReplyDelete