Monday, February 7, 2011

9) Abstract Spaces




So far I think that this was my favorite assignment. We were to take pictures of the abstract spaces that we could find within the architecture of buildings. I took some pictures in color, as well as some pictures in black and white while doing this assignment. Even though the color photographs had some elements to them that the black and white photographs did not, I still think that I am in love with the feel of the black and white photographs. I also think that the black and white photographs let a viewer focus in on what the purpose of the photograph really was, which was to analyze the abstract spaces. Some of the difficulties I had with this assignment was the element of the cold weather outside. I would've loved to stay out all night taking pictures, but the cold weather sent me running inside sooner than later. I also had some issues with not being able to zoom in close enough to some buildings. I do own another lens, which would in able me to do this, but I did not want to pull out this lens in the middle of the street, while standing on ice, usually in the dark of Philly. I also didn't realize that as you uploaded the pictures onto your computer the black and white effect of the photograph would be taken away considering these were shot in the RAW format. I was thankfully informed that I could easily turn the photograph back to black and white using Adobe Lightroom. After these small dilemmas, I was very happy with the turn out of this assignment, as well as the process of learning even more about my camera! Enjoy the photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Please consider cropping the middle image to clean up the edges. The three images should have a relationship to each other.

    ReplyDelete