Monday, February 7, 2011

10) Different White Balances









This post is a little bit delayed, but this was another lesson learned in Rebecca Michaels Photo I class here at Tyler. This was a part of the four seasons photography assignment. For each portrayal of the seasons we had to take the portrayal in all the five different white balances. As one can see the different white balances can drastically change the feeling of a photograph. For example the bottom photograph looks a little more "sci fi" to me considering the snow is almost glowing due to the odd blue shade that using the wrong white balance for outdoor lighting caused. Although using the wrong white balance can do some nice things, such as the very first photograph posted on this blog entry of my portrayal of winter. I think that the vintage feel of using the daylight white balance (if I remember correctly) adds a nice touch to this winter wonderland moment I was able to capture on Temple's campus. 

1 comment: